Someone might actually fucking buy this book.
What he doesn’t yet know:
1) It will sell like hell
2) For some people it will be the only book they have ever read in their lives
3) For some people it will be the only time they’ve stolen a book
4) The NYPL will have its copies stolen
5) Ellis will be condemned as if not a sign of, then the very manifestation of, The AntiChrist in the southern parts of the U.S. — and that loony place called Kansas
6) Let me do it: “Ellis has created a new genre — bodypunk.”
7) His right-now very nice and respectful publisher is gonna turn into the kind of shit it really is when suddenly it starts hammering his ass with that goddammed word: Sequel
8) Oprah will not be knocking on his door
9) Jerry Springer probably will be (“Let’s turn to bodypunk expert Warren Ellis for his opinion of Missy’s 375 piercings!”)
10) There is only one guy to do the movie: David Lynch
11) There will mysteriously be a bunch of books released within weeks of its debut, all revolving around the same topic, trying to cash in while creating a full-fledged genre
12) There is only one person to do the graphic novel adaptation: Warren Ellis.
Previously in this blog:
Sample Warren Ellis’s Upcoming Novel For Free
Ah, Now I’ll Never Have To Try Red Bullshit!
Bless The Maker And His Water. Bless His Coming And Going.
Now I Know Why Warren Ellis Is Mesmerized By Twittervision
Victor Gischler Has A New Internet Berth
Damn You, Warren Ellis!!!
Things I Never Heard Of Before And Wish I’d Never Heard Of Now
Warren Ellis Speaks Truth!
A Part Of The Web Is Being Killed
Blogroll Additions: Warren Ellis & Sinfest
Go See This Fantastic Animation Video!
Warren Ellis Has Too Much Fun
Warren Ellis Has A Crooked Little Brain. And I Thank God For It, Too!
Warren Ellis Chimes In On The Blog Nazis Too
Photo Album: Leatherman
Warren Ellis Would Like This
Warren Ellis Puts His Fingers Into My Head And Plays With My Brain, Again!
Harlan Ellison: Hyperactive Squared!
Note To Myself: Get This Movie!
The Future Officially Began On February 16, 1978
Warren Ellis’s Worst(?) Nightmare
And Then Google’s Stock Finally Thank You Jesus Crashes And Takes The Entire Global Economy Down The Toilet, Thank You Science!
Aum Shinrikyo Redux
TV: From Infinity to Affinity
Congratulations to Warren Ellis
Even More Delays…