Oh. My. God.
I hope all of this is true. It would just slaughter every other phone that’s out there (well, except for you directionless people who need GPS in your frikkin phone!).
I’m clipping the entire Hackint0sh post. I’m not sure if that forum wants direct links (even though I did one in my previous post). (I’m sure I’ll get slapped down if I’ve accidentally and unintentionally breached some hacker protocol!)
*Copied From HowardForums*
Everyone Who’s Disappointed, I Have Good News!
I met with my buddy from Apple for Coffee today, I told him I loved the interface, and all the great subtle little features it has that makes it so easy to use. I then told him I really, wanted a File System Access so I could store files, download images from the web, and generally carry around data, not just load it up from iTunes..
He said Apple IS absolutely BUILDING this, and it will come in a software update no later than when Leopard ships in two months (there will be updates before this)
Here is what he said:
* There will be a build in file browser like the new finder in leopard for sorting through files
* There will be a disk mode
* The reason that there currently isn’t a file browser + way to save files from web is because there isn’t a file browser on the phone, and they wanted to release the same one that’s gonna be in the upcoming leopard OS, complete with coverflow.
* There will even be a special version of “iWork” so you can show your keynote presentations
* So anyway a FULL file browser is coming so you can browse just like windows mobile explorer only in the cool way leopard’s file browser is
* Full spotlight like search is coming too
* Widescreen keyboard support will be coming in every app, not just safari
* Copy & Paste, Select Text is coming too (clipboard)
* Also mail will see an upgrade so you can add accounts without doing so through itunes.
* Most of the delays in this is because iTunes is the App Windows & Mac users are familar with for iTunes, so Apple didn’t want to do a bad interface that had a file browser hacked into iTunes.
* When Leopard FINAL release comes out, plugging in the iPhone will pop open a special window in the finder that has areas for dragging all your files like a file explorer only more advanced and designed specifically for the iPhone, it will make sure that it works so iTunes knows how much space is for data, and how much is for “iTunes” stuff.
* Apple will be putting iChat on the phone, very, very soon, before Leopard.
* Real Applications are coming to the phone shortly.
* These are all updates that will be software based for the iPhone you already have, so give it a little bit of time. In the meantime enjoy the features it already has.
* Oh and also there will be Photo Sharing, just like in iPhoto how you can check an option to let other people on the network view your photos.
* He said .Mac account would eventually sync your accounts to the .Mac server as well from the phone, and so forth.
* Simplified File sharing when on WIFI networks through bonjour (auto ip discovery) is coming, so once the file system software is up, your buddy in the same room will be able to navigate to his file browser > Network, and grab a file off your phone that you are sharing.
* Ringtones will be coming very, very soon.
* The Camera Software will get upgraded soon to have stabilization (software based)
* Flash is coming eventually, it’s just a matter of handling it in a way so when i page has dozens of flash apps running at the same time the page doesn’t slow to a crawl, so they have to take the Adobe flash and make some customizations, including for security.
* Anyway, enjoy the great mobile phone for now, and look forward to all the great stuff coming really, really soon. I can’t WAIT for the new file browser so I can store stuff on this device!!
* Just remember Windows Mobile has been out or a long time, even everytime a new WM phone comes out all the apps that are supposed to work, have to be tweaked or don’t fit on the screen or some bullcrap, so realize this is just Apple’s very first OS release for mobile Phone. Apple has lots of treats instore for all of you.
I probably missed a few things, so if you have questions about features that will be software updated, ask because I only typed what I could remember right now, and we talked about quite a bit of stuff!!!!
My advice to everyone who has a current phone that will be killed by this upgrade: Put it on ebay now. Get a good price for it while you still can. Go get an el cheapo junko phone to use in the meantime. Once this upgrade hits, your phone’s value on ebay will drop to just about pennies.
NOTE: There seems to be a lack of reading comprehension skills out there. Nowhere in this post do I say you should sell your iPhone. I said get rid of your non-iPhone before it has zero value. I hope that clears up this rampant confusion I’m seeing out there. Careful reading is your friend. Ask any lawyer!
Source: Hackint0sh forums
Did you just read this post? Now click here.