Update: Dammit, I forget the link!
That recent Apple promo line fits, dammit.
Foleo Application Engineer: Palm
Job ID 3227
Company Name Palm
Job Category Engineering/Architecture; Technology
Location Sunnyvale, CA
Position Type Full-Time, Employee
Date Posted August 29, 2007 (Reposted Sep 11)
The Foleo team is looking for a talented engineer to join the applications group and work on the email application.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating innovation, strong collaboration among team members and excellent communication skills.
Must possess strong skills in the areas of application design, solid API design principles and have a strong understanding of customer and workflow issues.
• The candidate will work with a team of talented engineers to design and develop the email application.
• The candidate will be expected to work on all aspects of application development at both UI and lower levels.
• Solid experience designing embedded multithreaded applications
• Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced development team
• Demonstrated technical leadership and design skills
• Excellent C/C++ coding and debugging skills
• Strong UI design implementation
• Experience with email protocols (pop3, imap) is desirable
• Familiarity with Linux
• Self motivated and proactive
Well, well. I’ve highlighted two important bits: this job posting was reposted today, and the mention of pop3 and imap.
So, Palm is still working on it. And does the pop3 and imap requirements mean this email app for the Foleo will work via WiFi rather than requiring syncing email via a Treo or other phone?